Do you understand how the changes to the Secure Act will affect you? Don’t worry, we won’t ask you to read the 4,155-page document to find out. Instead, Jeff Green and Lauren Smith will discuss some of the key takeaways of the Secure Act 2.0 and how it may impact you in this episode of The Green Zone Podcast. Together they discuss:
- What the Secure Act is and who it applies to
- The updated age for RMDs (Required Minimum Distributions) and how to be strategic about taking yours
- How RMD penalties have been reduced
- The way increased catch-up provisions can benefit you
- Why you may want to consider a larger charitable donation this year
- And more!
Connect With Green Financial Group:
- (713) 244-3030
- Schedule A Call With Jeff or Lauren
- Green Financial Group
- LinkedIn: Jeff Green
- LinkedIn: Lauren Smith
Please Note: While we are familiar with the tax provisions of the issues presented herein, as Financial Advisors of RJFS, we are not qualified to render advice on tax or legal matters. You should discuss tax or legal matters with the appropriate professional. RMD’s are generally subject to federal income tax and may be subject to state taxes. Consult your tax advisor to assess your situation. Opinions expressed those of the Jeff Green and Lauren Smith and are not necessarily those of Raymond James. All opinions are as of this date and are subject to change without notice.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed